Watching TV on Roku with Amazon Prime

14 comments
Recently we discovered that an Amazon Prime account can be shared with your family members.  Since my mother-in-law is always buying junk through Amazon she has an Amazon Prime account so she can save on shipping.  We were able to go into her account and find a link that allows my wife (her daughter) to share her Prime account.  That means we can save on shipping when we buy junk as well, but it also means that we can get Amazon Prime Instant for the Roku.

My first impression of the Amazon Prime instant is that the app works a lot like the Netflix app, which is good.  If my wifi signal isn’t perfect, it will downgrade the signal from HD to a lesser quality so that it streams without interruptions.  You have to make sure that you search for TV shows and movies in the Amazon Prime instant section.  Otherwise, you may find shows you want to watch, but they will cost you $1.99.  That’s a pretty good price for a movie, but it seems like an awful price to watch one TV show.

Having Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Amazon Prime instant is great because there are shows that you can only watch on one of these services.  The first show I started to watch was “Storage Wars”.  I really like this show, but then it all of the sudden dropped off of Netflix so I never got to watch Season 2.  I also noticed that they had “Pawn Stars” and “American Pickers”, so I added those to my queue.  My wife and I watch the movie Hugo through Amazon Prime and just loved it.  It was a great movie and we watched it in HD quality from free.  It doesn’t get much better than that.

Here are some other shows we are watching through Amazon Prime:
  • Fringe
  • Alias
  • Ballykissangel
  • Sponge Bob Square Pants
  • Downton Abby
  •  Dora the Explorer
  • Blues Clues

And I’m sure we’ll find more.  Since we’re getting Amazon Prime Instant for free, it’s the best deal we could get and we are considering even dropping Netflix.  However there are some shows on Netflix that we would miss out on.

14 comments :

  1. I didnt know one could share Prime- Mom shares her Netflix, so Ill get Prime and share it with her..Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is nice post, it really helps. I am Alyssa Samson lives in the United States. I am also using Roku and still am enjoying the 1500+ Roku channels like Netflix, Hulu, HBO Now, FX Now, Sling TV and more by using Roku channel store.

    ReplyDelete